Services We Provide in UK
Noise & Vibration
Any proposed or existing development has the potential to impact on or be affected by the surrounding noise environment. This may result from the introduction of noise sources that may impact on existing receptors or by the introduction of sensitive receptors in an environment with elevated ambient noise levels.
Golder Associates provides a comprehensive range of noise and vibration services to a wide range of market sectors. We have considerable experience working in the field of noise and vibration and have a sound undertaking of relevant legislation, standards, guidelines and best practice.
We are able to offer a comprehensive service including input at the conceptual design phase, site surveys, modelling, impact assessment, liaison with regulatory bodies, mitigation design, and appearance as an expert witness.
The range of services provided by our noise and vibration team includes:
- Noise Impact Assessments either as stand alone assessment or as part of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), or environmental permit applications;
- Planning applications for noisy, mixed use or noise sensitive developments;
- Transport noise assessments to the requirements of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Transport Analysis Guidance (TAG);
- Industrial and commercial noise investigation, abatement, or complaint resolution
- Mineral and landfill waste assessments;
- Nuisance investigations and noise advice with regard to legislation;
- Construction noise and vibration predictions and surveys, applications under Section 61 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974;
- Occupational noise and vibration assessments;
- Entertainment noise assessment and abatement design;
- Building acoustics and building envelope design;
- Computer noise modelling;
- Noise surveys and compliance monitoring; and
- Expert witness.