Services We Provide in UK
Contaminated Land Management
Historic land contamination affects sites planned for sale or redevelopment, dormant and surplus sites, as well as land within operating sites such as process and manufacturing, power and storage facilities. The investigation, assessment and remediation of contaminated land are core capabilities of Golder. Our consultants see every site is different, demanding individually tailored solutions.
Being involved in consultations and liaison on legislation and guidance with Government and regulators, we have a sound understanding of current and prospective legislation that applies to contaminated land, involving waste management, landfill, environmental impact, groundwater and wide-ranging general environmental legislation, as well as regulations specifically for contaminated land. This legal regime is supported by a plethora of statutory and non-statutory guidance produced by Government and the environmental regulators. We have the reputation and standing to facilitate the progress of the contaminated land solution through the regulatory challenges.
Our approach to contaminated land management is founded on:
- A sound understanding of the current and prospective legislative regime applicable to contaminated land;
- An appreciation of the business and institutional demands on our clients;
- Advanced technical capability for site investigation, assessment and, where necessary, remediation; and
- A risk-based approach to the assessment of contaminated land and the development of cost-effective, sustainable solutions to meet the liability management and financial objectives of our clients.
- Phase 1 preliminary site assessments / desk studies;
- Phase 2 site investigations;
- Due diligence for site disposal / acquisition;
- Generic and quantitative risk assessments of risks from contaminated soils and material, hazardous gases and polluted waters and liquids;
- Ecological risk assessments;
- Remediation options appraisals;
- Remedial Implementation and Verification Plan preparation;
- Design of remedial solutions, management of the procurement and construction of the remediation works;
- Waste soil minimisation and classification of waste soils;
- Site waste management plans;
- Waste management licence exemptions;
- Turnkey design and operation;
- Sustainable remediation and development - analysis and quantitative evaluation;
- Health and safety training and monitoring;
- Radiologically contaminated land investigation and assessment;
- Demolition and decommissioning consultancy; and
- Integrated contaminated land and geotechnical investigations, geotechnical, foundation and ground improvement design.
For further information, contact:
Jeff Thornton (Bourne End office)