Services We Provide in UK
Ecology & Biological Sciences
Golder Associates offers ecological surveys, assessment and advice to the standards expected by planning authorities and conservation organisations. We provide consistent, reliable and authoritative advice to all clients. We pride ourselves on the innovation and commitment of our ecological staff, confident in the integrity and professional status of our ecology team.
Our ecology team - which operates throughout the UK and Ireland - undertakes complex ecological functions as a part of multidisciplinary team ensuring projects are successful, meet the requirements of environmental legislation and respond to relevant government policies and initiatives.
In each project ecological constraints are assessed and reported allowing impacts on the environment to be reduced through design, mitigation and compensation.
Working both independently and as part of the multidisciplinary practice, our ecology team has extensive experience of integrating ecological objectives with those of other disciplines, such as landscape and archaeology, in order to design practical solutions for a wide variety of developments.
Our range of services:
- Phase 1 and extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys
- Botanical surveys (to NVC standard) and habitat translocation
- Habitat creation and restoration
- Aquatic invertebrate surveys and biological assessment of freshwater habitats
- Terrestrial macro-invertebrate survey (e.g. butterflies, dragonflies, spiders, ground beetles)
- Farm Environment Plans and Grazing schemes
- Liaison with statutory authorities
- Ecological monitoring
- Ecological Impact Assessments
- Ecological input into Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and
- Environmental Statements (ESs)
- DEFRA Licence applications
- River Corridor and Habitat surveys
- Surveys and mitigation:
- Great Crest Newt
- Water vole
- White-clawed crayfish
- Invasive weeds surveys
- Input into Public Enquiries and Expert Witness